Grabbing emails from about section in LinkedIn.

Home Forums Link & Grow Grabbing emails from about section in LinkedIn.

Grabbing emails from about section in LinkedIn.

• mick
      Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 5

Can I confirm that the all the scraped emails in Leads are coming from the Email section of the LinkedIn page?

I noticed people are hiding Email addresses in the About area and switching off showing emails unless connected. The scraper would normally miss this person. When I tried to scraped his profile I got no emails.

However in his about section:
      <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-clayton-02652089</p&gt;
      <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>About</p>
      <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>Artist/Producer/Entrepreneur looking to network with music professionals. Email: beatsbym33zydac3o@gmail.com</p>
      Is this my mistake that I’m missing this email? Is there a setting in config to grab it?

Can I start scraping more areas (about/title/company) in the Leads tab?

Can we target @ in the About section?

• dreadpixel
      Keymaster
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 21

We are getting emails from people that share them on their public profiles.
      This means those contacts are LIONs (Linkedin Open Networkers)

That said, it also works the same for Instagram and other networks, where people let other people know their email on the Bio, Description or other places where the Google crawler can get it.

Linkedin Contact information are hidden by a click, I will think on a way of adding a middleware that you can select a radiobutton to click so it can reveal more data to get it with the XPaths.
      That will be useful for this kind of situation.
      What do you think?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.